FAQs on Teeth Whitening
Have you considered getting your teeth professionally whitened, but refrained because you have some questions? Here at Southern Oaks Family Dentistry in Easley, SC, Dr. David Phelps offers several different cosmetic dentistry treatments, including in-office whitening. Very popular among both older teens and adults, teeth whitening brightens smiles without harming tooth enamel or gums. Learn more about the topic by reading the below answers to some FAQs about this fantastic treatment option.
FAQs about teeth whitening
Is teeth whitening safe? Yes, this much sought-after treatment is safe when:
- Performed by the cosmetic dental team at our Easley office
- Your teeth and gums are healthy (as determined by Dr. Phelps)
- You avoid over-the-counter products which can irritate gums and other soft oral tissues
Does teeth whitening work? Professional teeth whitening does work. In fact, most people experience a dramatic color change of up to eight shades, with stains associated with tobacco, foods, and beverages responding best,
Does treatment take long? Definitely not! Professional, in-office teeth whitening takes only one brief visit to Southern Oaks Family Dentistry, during which you'll be fully evaluated by Dr. Phelps and have concentrated whitening gel applied to your teeth. This gel penetrates the enamel and powers out all staining organic matter.
How long with my teeth stay white? Honestly, this much depends on what you put into your mouth. Accordingly, we suggest:
- Drinking coffee, tea, and colas with a straw
- Limiting dark foods such as curry and blackberries
- Brushing twice a day and flossing daily
- Getting semi-annual cleanings and whitening touch-ups as needed at Southern Oaks Family Dentistry
- Quitting any tobacco habit
- Buffering acidic foods with hard cheeses and whole grains
- Drinking water to rinse tooth enamel and to increase saliva which has natural whitening properties and a high calcium content
What kind of results can I expect? Typically, patients are amazed by their results. Just one hour in the chair removes years of stains!
Will the color of my crowns or white fillings change? No, they will not be affected by professional whitening.
Interested? Give us a call!
When you get your teeth professionally whitened at Southern Oaks Family Dentistry, your smile will look bright, youthful, and rejuvenated. Why not contact the office and arrange your cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. David Phelps? He'll explain the entire process and answer all your questions. Call us today at (864) 850-9100.